Support news that builds community
Online giving is fast and secure.
To donate by mail, please make checks payable to CivicStory, and send to:
PO Box 76
Summit, NJ 07901
Your tax-deductible donation supports our mission to broaden the news through videos and dialogue about civic growth and constructive change.
CivicStory is the business name of NJ Arts News, Inc., a Summit, NJ-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our EIN is 36-4740151
We are grateful for the support of many individuals and organizations --donors, sponsors, community partners, news partners, featured organizations, board members, advisors, and our creative team.
We wish to acknowledge the following organizations and individuals for their generous cumulative contributions of $1,000 or more to CivicStory / NJ Arts News
• Edward T. Cone Foundation •
• Geraldine R. Dodge Foundation • Investors Bank Foundation •
• Irene Smith Hegarty Fund •
• JJJ Charitable Foundation • Montclair State University •
• Newark Community Economic Development Corporation •
• New Jersey Community Development Corporation •
• New Jersey Recovery Fund • NJ 2-1-1 Partnership / NJVOAD •
• NJ Campus Compact • Prudential Foundation •
• NJ Campus Compact / Stockton University • Russian Heritage •
• Summit Area Public Foundation •
• Investors Bank • NJ Manufacturers •
• Mr. & Mrs. Dennis Bone • Thomas and Barbara Amato • Edward and Carol Bartholomew •
• Suzette and Monroe Berkman • Yon and Francie Cho •
• Kevin Cummings • Ellen and Chip Dickson •
• James and Lynne Fleischmann • Rebecca R. Goodman •
• Susan Feder and Todd Gordon • Susan Haig • Adele M. Haley •
• Robert J. Hugin • Renee Kurjan • Mark and Cynthia Larsen •
• Robert and Leslie Lem •
• Joe and Diana Lunin • Robert and Mary Mayer •
• Rita Pettiford • Walter Shipley •
• Nicholas A. Segal and Genevieve M. Muinzer •
• Joshua and Patricia Stiles • Mayo S. Stuntz Jr. and Elizabeth Cohn Stuntz •
• Christie and George Zipfel Jr. •
• In Memory of Judy Shipley •
In addition, we acknowledge businesses that have donated to CivicStory:
• Peapack-Gladstone Bank • Bassett Associates •
CivicStory is funded by donations from individuals, sponsorships from nonprofits and corporations, and grants from foundations. We maintain editorial independence on all videos and reporting. CivicStory normally shares in‐progress videos with subjects or funders before final edits and distribution, for fact‐checking purposes.
If funding of a video story comes from or through an organization connected with the subject of the video, we acknowledge the sponsor on the video itself, and in the video caption on the website. We choose to produce videos on civics-oriented activities and subjects that pertain to the whole citizenry in a community. We do not do spot news, political or financial news, or conventional investigative journalism.
CivicStory does accept corporate sponsorship of special video projects (e.g. our half-hour video program series called Heart of the City). We have no corporate advertising.